“A Magical Year”

Blocks 1, 2 and 3

Today is my younger son’s first wedding anniversary.  Mike and Michelle live in Colorado and were married in a meadow near a lovely lodge in the mountains one year ago today.   I called them tonight to say “Happy Anniversary.”   Both seemed to be having a fun time with friends.   But I share with you something that my daughter-in-law said to me tonight … “We have just spent the most magical year of our lives.”   Now you must understand that my son was in a nasty auto accident two years ago, needs back surgery soon, and I believe it must have been a very difficult year.  And yet Michelle could still say they had a magical year.   Mike is so lucky, and as parents we are so lucky to have her in the family.

Here are photos of the blocks I have completed so far on their “wedding quilt.”   Yes, I am slow.   It should have been done at least for this anniversary!   Alas, it was not.

Block 4

Block 5

Block 6

Michelle and Mike

Michelle and Mike

Happy Anniversary!!

1. Miss 376
    Sep 18, 2008 @ 01:56:27

What lovely blocks. I am sure they will love and appreciated the quilt whenever they receive it.

2. averyclaire
    Sep 18, 2008 @ 06:30:21

Yes, I am sure they will appreciate it. It just keeps me aware of what a procrastinator I am. This is something I really need to work on.

3. Marjorie
    Sep 18, 2008 @ 10:25:09

These blocks are amazing! they also look very time consuming and detailed. A slow project for sure but worth it! Today is our wedding anniversary–32 magical years! Marjorie

4. anne prunet
    Sep 18, 2008 @ 12:39:13

No wonder it takes so long to complete this quilt! It is amazing! Can’t wait to see it all. What a work! Rich idea ,these blocks. Are you planning some sashings or alternative blocks of another sort?
    Congratulations. Hope Michael will fully recover this year, from that accident and have a second magical year.

5. Jacquelynne
    Sep 18, 2008 @ 19:09:03

It’s great that your kids have such a great attitude- Here’s wishing them many, many more magical years together….

6. nicole
    Sep 28, 2008 @ 07:02:46

Hello, what a work ! ! Like Anne I would see alternative blocks between those ! In particular I would think to batik fabrics or plants, trees , waterfalls….
    But it’s you work.. I’ll.. be pleased to see it when finished.Bravo

7. Carinemarie
    Sep 28, 2008 @ 15:56:31

Hy, this is such a beautiful work. Very nice !
    I wish Michael and Michelle many happy years together.

8. Sue McB
    Sep 28, 2008 @ 20:15:28

These are lovely blocks – how are they made? Are they applique? The completed quilt will look wonderful and be something for that lucky couple to treasure. Sue