New Photos for a New Year

Happy New Year to all! I hope all of you had a great Christmas and a super start to the New Year. Ours was a lot of fun spent with family and friends. We sure missed our Colorado family though. They did not make it here this year.

My finishing business was slow over the holiday so I managed to get some stitching and finishing done for myself. Then I worked on a list of unfinished projects I hope to do this year. I will save the list to show for my next post.

Here are a couple of finishes I did before Christmas.

P.B. did a beautiful circular pumpkin design and asked me to do a pincushion. This was a special Christmas gift for someone.

PatB-pumpkin pincush1

PatB-pumpkin pincush2

PatB-pumpkin pincush3

PatB-pumpkin pincush4

Tinsmith’s Wife sent a stitched snow globe. She finds the loveliest patterns!

Tinsmith-Snowglobe1

Tinsmith - Snowglobe2

Personally, I managed to finish my project from the Waterfall Glen EGA group.  It is a Catherine Theron “Winter Strawberries” needleroll.  The area that says “Scissors” and “Needles” is done over one on 32 count linen with variegated silk floss. The small pincushion in the center is also done over one. The edges and center lines between the strawberries are done in Palestrina knots. The inside is lined with Dupioni Silk.  The pattern called for linen needle pages and a scissor fob, but I chose not to do that.  No fob and wool for the needle pages.  It is about 8 inches long when opened and about 2.5 x 3.5 when closed. It was a project that I was not fond of after I began it, but it did turn out to be a quite nice small needleroll.

KarenJ-needleroll1

KarenJ-needleroll2

KarenJ-needleroll3

Then I saw Plum Street Sampler’s pattern for “Merry One” and “Merry Two” and bought them up as soon as I could. They just caught my eye and I delighted in stitching Merry One right away. It is stitched over one on cream 25 ct. Irish Linen (which I sprayed with my antique spray).  It turned out about 4 x 6. The pattern came with white chenille trim, but I used some green that I had and I love the way it turned out!  Merry Two is completed, but not “finished” yet.  Here is my finish for Merry One.

KarenJ-MerryOne1

KarenJ-MerryOne2

HAPPY VALENTINE’S DAY a little early.  With Valentine’s Day coming I did a couple of special stitched pieces.  I wanted a big red heart to remind me of the lovely big red heart candy valentine boxes that my dear husband gave me when we were dating.  I found this pattern and I “finished” it into a lacey big red heart in memory of that special time. I did it on 40 ct. Aztec Red over two.  It turned out to be about 5 x 7.

KarenJ-valentineheart1

KarenJ-valentineheart2

I also found this cute pattern for a “Valentine stocking” and created it with a real red velvet backing. It was done on 36 ct. Lambswool over two sprayed with antique spray. Then I stuffed it with “Merci” chocolate candies. YUM YUM. It turned out to be about 2 x 7.

KarenJ-valentinesock1

KarenJ-valentinesock2

It was such fun having time and energy to do some of my own stitching. It makes me want to resolve to do more this year!

I hope everyone out there finds LOTS of time to do whatever it is their heart desires for 2016.  For now, happy stitching!  Amities……Averyclaire