PIF Gifts Mailed to Recipients

Here are two gifts I made and finally completed for a Pay It Forward.   Last Fall I received a Pay It Forward award (a lovely temari ball) from Jane at World Embroideries and now after eleven months, I have finally sent my Pay It Forward awards to the two people who won them on my blog.   For Anne at Nanouanne, I made a needlework biscornu.   I forgot to take a photo of the biscornu I made, but Anne took a lovely photo of it and she is letting me use her photo for my blog.

biscornu

And for Karol at  Rosebud’s Stitching I made a small Amish Friendship Basket Wall Hanging.   I forgot to take a photo of Karol’s finished gift as well, but here is a photo of one exactly the same as I made for Karol…only Karol’s had a different binding.AmishBaskets

Both items were made in friendship.   I chose a quilted piece for Karol because she is an expert needleworker and is not a quilter that I know of.   And for Anne who does lovely quilting and is an artist in many areas including Art Trading Cards, I thought to make a cross-stitched piece because I don’t think she does cross-stitching.   I just wanted their gifts to be different.   It was a fun thing to do to send a surprise in the mail.    Amities, Averyclaire

1. paddysdaughter
    Nov 07, 2009 @ 23:06:34

Love the little pincushion thingy – I have a pattern, and want to make one, but need to finish a few other things first! Lucky lady to receive yours.

2. karol johns
    Nov 07, 2009 @ 23:26:23

It is greatly appreciated! You do lovely work!! Hope all is well with you and your husband.

3. Jane
    Nov 08, 2009 @ 02:32:30

Both of these items would have been a joy to receive, they are both beautiful. The stiching on the biscornu is lovely

4. Lea
    Nov 08, 2009 @ 19:46:51

Oh! I LOove your biscornu!!!! It’s very beautiful!!!! love it, love it!!

5. Nicole DAVET
    Nov 10, 2009 @ 08:09:13

Every thing you do is always beautiful… Bravo Karen. Nicole

6. colour du jour
    Nov 11, 2009 @ 21:05:23

wow, some lovely gifts. your work is beautiful!

7. Thomas
    Nov 14, 2009 @ 09:35:36

That’s awesome needlework Avery. WOW.