Border Progress

Happy Easter Week to everyone!    Here are my Easter finishes. They were all fun and easy to make.

Easter 2014

Yes…the border is coming along. I am going to post some time lapse photos so you can see the progress. I have the center sections and the left sides complete. Here is the progress to date beginning with the photo I took initially:

Border 2a

Border 2

Center sections of borders complete.

Border 3

Left side sections of borders complete.

Border 4

It sure has been a long tedious process…but I feel it will be done soon. The right sides remain. Although, I do have all the pieces traced and ironed onto fusible…just waiting to cut out…so that will go quickly. After I fuse the right side appliques down, I can do the four corners…not difficult after all the work I have already done. Then the appliques must be sewn in place.

Alas, with these borders taking up all my time, I have done no other handiwork. :((

Hope everyone out there is enjoying the lovely spring days we are having! And for those of you living far far away, I imagine you will begin having your cool crisp autumn days to enjoy!

Amities, Averyclaire

1. LoretteC
    Apr 22, 2014 @ 14:22:42

Gorgeous borders!! Do you do your applique by hand or machine? It seems like you just started these last week!! 🙂 you are magnificent!

2. Southpaw Stitcher
    Apr 22, 2014 @ 17:18:12

Your applique borders are just amazing! The quilt will be spectacular when it’s done!

3. Anne
    Apr 22, 2014 @ 17:23:54

Your quilt borders are absolutely gorgeous! And I love your Easter pieces, especially the one on the far left . . . adorable!!!

4. Margaret
    Apr 22, 2014 @ 18:07:45

OMG, those borders are amazing! So are you appliqueing them down by hand or machine?? So lovely! Love your Easter finishes too!

5. Loretta Tulke
    Apr 22, 2014 @ 19:29:26

Thanks for the update….so beautiful. You certainly have been gifted! Hope your Easter was filled with blessings as ours was!

6. Jackie
    Apr 22, 2014 @ 20:02:12

Your Easter finishes are gorgeous! Love them all.

Your applique quilt is amazing. Truly a work of art and a labor of love!

7. fallfromgrace349
    Apr 23, 2014 @ 03:46:57

those borders are just stunning! gorgeous work 🙂

8. KerryCan
    Apr 23, 2014 @ 05:05:21

Your work is just phenomenal! The borders are beyond words and the Easter decorations are very appealing–much more sophisticated than most!

9. Carol
    Apr 24, 2014 @ 09:39:15

I love those Easter stitchings, especially the ones done on black. I really need to do a few of those PS eggs myself! Your borders are stunning–such beautiful, beautiful work you do 🙂

10. Elizabeth
    Apr 25, 2014 @ 17:25:09

I hope that you had a lovely Easter as well. I’ll bet the grandkids loved the ornaments.

Watching your borders come together is almost like watching a plant grow through time lapse photography. And your vines and flowers are every bit as beautiful as those found in nature. Beautiful! (Once again!)

11. Virtual Quilter
    Apr 26, 2014 @ 04:12:11

Looking great! Can’t wait until it is all together … and quilted!

12. Sandra at Thistle Cove Farm
    May 13, 2014 @ 20:12:52

a long time, yes, but such beauty!