Lots of Finishing Photos Today

Here are a few photos of some beautiful stitching done by my clients. There are a LOT of photos today so enjoy!

Southpaw Stitcher did a lovely job on this one. She even created some scissor and spool motifs to make the stitching longer for the drum pinkeep.  I love the detail on this especially the birdcage and the frog catching a bug! And I completed it with hand stitching up the back and around the top.

DrumPinkeep3-Pat

DrumPinkeep2-Pat

DrumPinkeep1-Pat

Karen P. does exquisite non-counted cross stitch. The colors are so soft and delicate. It brings me into an era where Victorian women wore long dresses and had tea in the parlor. She did the beautiful stitching on this pillow.  And there is a even zipper on the back in case this lovely “white” pillow becomes soiled!

WhitePillow3-karenp

WhitePillow2-KarenP

Karen B. stitched the adorable Plum Street Sampler “Winsome Pair.” I love this little Scotty dog. He is done simply with some old gold chenille trim hand sewn around the edge with a snappy red star print on the back. The back also has a few country star buttons.

KarenB-dog1

KarenB-dog2

Then Karen B. did two (wall-hanging size) fun cross-stitched pieces. They are done with bright pink hand-dyed floss on lovely hand-dyed fabric. I used French fabrics, did some hand stitching on the front border and finished them off with corded hangers on the back and around the edge. Whoever the recipients might be of these lovely gifts will be lucky people!

KarenB-KeepCalm1

KarenB-KeepCalm2

KarenB-KeepCalm3

Mary A. wished for a bag like the one I made for the Prim Stitcher’s Society August 1st challenge. She stitched the free pattern for “May Basket” and I finished it into a project bag for her, larger, but similar to the one I made for myself. She did a beautiful job with the stitching and quick too!

MaryA-ProjBag2

MaryA-ProjBag

Nancy H. was very busy with some beautiful and delightful stiching as well! She stitched Bent Creek’s “Flag of Stars” which became a wall hanging; one of Prairie Schooler’s Santas which became an ornament; Plum Street Sampler’s “Winsome Pair” which became a flat fold; and Threadwork Primitive’s “Beggar’s Night” which became a large pillow (approx. 12×15).

NancyH-Flag1

NancyH-Flag2

NancyH-Flag3

NancyH-PSSanta1

NancyH-PSSanta2

NancyH-Dog1

NancyH-Dog2

NancyHill-Dog3

NancyH-Dog4

NancyH-HallowPillow1

NancyH-HallowPIllow2

It’s been a long time since my last post, so I hope you have enjoyed all the photos.

For me personally, it’s been a very busy time with friends and family fun. There was a big fortieth birthday bash for my lovely daughter, cookie baking, one of many football games for my 11 year old grandson while I did the caretaking overnight, and local traveling to name but a few.  There was some stitching, some gardening, some reading, and lots of time in my sewing room.  But I did manage to get some hand quilting done on my huge quilt. (I am finally on the last border section.) I have several other WIPs…one is a wool appliqued, quilted wall-hanging; another is Catherine Theron’s Winter Strawberry Needleroll; and there is also a Stacy Nash cross-stitch. Photos will come soon. Rotation is the only way to get a little done each week. But my main focus has been on the king sized quilt. I am REALLY looking forward to having it on my bed SOON! Next post I hope to have photos of the two lovely friends who have helped me quilt this for the past year. Stay tuned!

Amities,  Averyclaire

1. Anne
    Sep 09, 2015 @ 19:45:10

Beautiful finishes, Karen. You are so talented!

2. Elizabeth Janzen
    Sep 09, 2015 @ 19:59:24

Your professional finishes to those beautifully stitched projects are all beautiful. I am so often at a loss as to how to finish some of my smaller boutis pieces, but you make it look easy. I am in awe.

3. Claudine Colmont
    Sep 09, 2015 @ 22:18:33

Bravo! I like all the nice things done. Best kisses.

4. KerryCan
    Sep 10, 2015 @ 05:02:38

This gallery is such a treat! I love seeing both the different projects your clients made and your ideas for finishing them and setting them off to advantage!

5. Carla
    Sep 10, 2015 @ 06:16:25

Oh these are lovely! I am with you that scottie is adorable!

6. Nanouanne
    Sep 10, 2015 @ 08:09:56

Hi, hi, at first glance, I thought it was a ‘Karen’ club…Then I read some other first names. Thank you for sharing so cute cross stitching items. I cannot wait to see you bed cover!

7. Annie
    Sep 10, 2015 @ 12:22:29

What a gorgeous array of stitching and finishing! You must really work fast. I can’t imagine doing all of that (and so precisely!) plus still having time for all your other activities, both stitching and non-. I am amazed!

8. Barb Carey
    Sep 10, 2015 @ 21:53:25

Thank you for sharing everyone’s work and of course the finishing, wonderful job to all.

9. Southpaw Stitcher
    Sep 10, 2015 @ 22:13:40

You know I really love the drum pinkeep finish you created for my Plum Street Samplers piece. These pieces are even more lovely in person than they are here on this blog, and that’s saying something. Miss Averyclaire, your photographs are artful and amazing!

10. Carol
    Sep 11, 2015 @ 08:18:24

What a treat to see all of your finishing for your friends! I’m sure each of them is just thrilled when you return their carefully stitched items to them all ready for display 🙂 That drum pinkeep is especially sweet!

So glad you are still finding time for your own creating given all of your finishing for others. And a big birthday with for your daughter! How on earth did our kids get to be so old?!

11. Jackie
    Sep 11, 2015 @ 21:08:12

I have no doubt that your quilt will be on your bed soon! I can’t wait to see pictures of it completely finished.

Your finishing is wonderful! I love your little extra touches.

12. margaret
    Sep 12, 2015 @ 08:33:44

What lovely finishing! You do a great job! Glad to hear you’ve been working on the quilt too! Happy belated birthday to your DD!

13. Brigitte
    Sep 14, 2015 @ 01:50:05

Oh my, such a lot of wonderful finishing!

14. Marlene
    Sep 20, 2015 @ 14:07:22

Such beautiful finishes! I don’t know if I could choose a favorite but that drum is magnificent! 🙂 blessings, marlene

15. Valerie
    Sep 21, 2015 @ 12:27:11

Gorgeous finishing! They are all lovely altho I am partial to the drum keep and the project bag. I am sure your clients are thrilled!

16. thistlecovefarm
    Sep 22, 2015 @ 19:10:53

They’re all beautiful but I especially like the first one…although I’m not sure what it is, perhaps a needle holder ?…and the Keep Calm…lovely! Everyone is sure to be happy.

17. Sheryl
    Sep 29, 2015 @ 12:49:01

What a lot of beautiful stitching and finishing. I especially like the drum and the flag of stars and the wonderful fan, amazing work.
    p.s. thank you for your visit and comments on my blog 🙂