Autumn Returns … and so do I

Some of my Autumn favorites! THANK YOU FOR RETURNING HERE to see what’s new!

Yes, it’s been nearly two months since I last posted! I have been in absentia! Sometimes life gets in the way of having fun! But I won’t bore you with details.

One thing I must announce to all is that I have ended my “finishing business.” It was creative and wonderful to help others with making their gorgeous stitching into lovely “finishes.” But it became so busy that there was no time left for my own stitching, gardening, quilting, boutis or even family time. My health was not perfect and life became stressful. So TY to all those who trusted me with their projects. I was happy to serve all of you for those two years.

With my free time I am feeling better and slowly getting back to normal. Here is a quilt I had in the works for some time now finally complete. You can zoom in on it to see details of the quilting and lovely batiks.  NOTE:  Yes, it is hand embroidered with a black/brown DMC thread.

And another one in the works:

My last stitching project begun 1-1/2 years ago remains undone:

But I have been working on some new Boutis designs seen here. Patterns soon to be available.

And a large white on white 24″x24″ piece for myself.

And last but not least are my patterns seen below that I sell on my Etsy page. I also have been teaching them to needlework and quilting groups.

Hand dyed batiste will soon be available for purchase on my Etsy page as well.

Amities, in friendship, Averyclaire

1. Jessica Grimm
    Sep 27, 2017 @ 12:09:53

You’ve been busy! I love your quilt at the top of this post. Good for you that you stopped your finishing work. I am also taking more time to stitch for me than to teach others. There is still so much I want to try out :)!

• averyclaire
      Sep 27, 2017 @ 12:19:37

TY Jessica…I am relieved of the stress of being too busy with the finishing business. It was an honor to serve others, but left me exhausted too often. Guess I am not as young as I used to be. And I do love creating for myself also.

2. Kristie
    Sep 27, 2017 @ 12:40:35

Oh my word M.s. Karen that quilt is AMAZING!!! I adore it for so many reasons your a craft wonder. So glad things are going better for you

3. greciet henriette
    Sep 27, 2017 @ 13:19:53

Oh , que de très belles choses effectivement j ‘aime le boutis je les trouve très beaux et très bien réalisés quand tu auras fini le blanc tu me le montreras!! merci.
    Pour la courtepointe un très grand travail de précision
    Mais ton arbre est sublime amitiés

4. Carol
    Sep 27, 2017 @ 14:46:06

I’m sure your clients are very sad to be losing your finishing services, Karen, but I totally “get” why you decided to give that up. I’m often asked if I finish for others, but, as I honored as I am, I know that it would just be too stressful and take the fun out of a hobby that I love if I were to finish for others… Enjoy your extra free time and I hope your life calms down and your health continues to improve.

Your quilt and Boutis projects are so, so lovely, and I look forward to watching the pretty piece of stitchery grow. Those colors are so pretty 🙂

Enjoy these last few days of September–hope it is cooling off out your way 🙂

5. Lori Brewer-Quiltingneeds.com
    Sep 27, 2017 @ 14:57:32

Beautiful.

6. Catherine
    Sep 27, 2017 @ 15:09:07

Oh I’m sorry to hear you’ve not been well, but it sounds like you’ve made the right, though I’m sure difficult, decision. Your quilts are lovely and I love that new design on the purple fabric! Keep well

• averyclaire
      Sep 27, 2017 @ 15:44:15

Stresses of life and nagging health issues finally got the best of me…but no more! I am thinking positive these days! Thank you Catherine for the kind words.

7. Elizabeth Janzen
    Sep 27, 2017 @ 19:16:42

You have been very productive over the summer. A quilt finish is always something to celebrate, and yours is lovely, as always. I also love the batiks you chose for the second quilt. Will it be hand or machine quilted?

Your boutis is incredible Karen. Your workmanship and designs are perfect and your dyed fabrics are right on. I’m looking forward to when you sell them on line. Exquisite Karen!

• averyclaire
      Sep 28, 2017 @ 07:31:59

TY Elizabeth… The batik quilt will be machine quilted. My boutis is inspired by you and the gorgeous work you do! And I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO YOUR new website!

8. Southpaw Stitcher
    Sep 27, 2017 @ 22:37:32

Glad to see you posting again. Your quilts and boutis are beautiful! I will always cherish the projects that you finished for me.

9. Pam Lacey
    Sep 27, 2017 @ 23:06:54

Your quilts are absolutely gorgeous!! Love seeing them; so pretty. It is good to pay attention to the signals from your body that tell you that you are under too much stress! I am glad that you listened; I am 70 and I understand exactly where you are coming from. I was fortunate enough to be able to retire at 65 and I have enjoyed my life so much more, even though I have had to deal with health issues also. Such is life. So happy for you. Love seeing all of your pretty things. I am not familiar with Boutis, but your projects are beautiful. Until next time, happy everything…………….

10. Anne Leonas
    Sep 27, 2017 @ 23:15:13

Absolutely love your work, Karen. I’ll look forward to seeing your tulips completed . . . so pretty! 💞

Sent from my iPad

11. Annie
    Sep 28, 2017 @ 07:22:42

Well it definitely looks like you have too much to do to keep up with a finishing business as well! What a gorgeous array of projects in so many stitching techniques. Take it easy and smell the roses as they say!

12. Bazante Maggy
    Sep 29, 2017 @ 01:02:23

Love all your work and wish you the best for your “boutis” creations

13. Brigitte
    Sep 29, 2017 @ 01:17:07

I can completely understand why you stopped offering your finishing service. So you have a lot more time for your own crafting. And as can be seen you have so many projects on the go. This quilt looks gorgeous and I’m very curious to see what the new one will look like when finished. Great new boutis projects, too.

14. KerryCan
    Sep 29, 2017 @ 07:39:42

I read this with mixed reactions, Karen! On one hand, I was thinking, “Rats! Just when Don and I were talking about sending more needlework to be finished!” and, on the other and, of course I was cheering and saying, “Good for you!” I have no doubt this was the right decision–your happy-sounding post AND your beautiful creations are lots of evidence!

15. Margaret
    Oct 01, 2017 @ 08:08:33

All of your work is beautiful. It sounds like you’ve made the right choice about your finishing business. It’s important to enjoy what you do and to have time for your own work.

16. Sandra D, Joliet
    Oct 03, 2017 @ 18:05:44

I just discovered your blog. A Flosstuber mentioned your project bag so I came to look. I see from “About” your from the Chicago area. I was born, raised and feel stuck in Joliet. I also did the Crabapple Hill Quilt “Over The River” but in all blues. I love it but I hate quilting on my sewing machine but can’t afford a professional, which I would like that one to be. Maybe someday in the future. I have a lot of her other patterns just waiting. I also crochet. I have so many wips and ufos in quilting and crochet I swore I would not do the same when I picked up a cross stitch pattern 3 months ago. So far I am doing one big (Mirabilia) piece while making one smaller, quicker project to give myself a break and a sense of satisfaction. I’m going to go browse your older postings and look forward to your upcoming posts.

17. Sheryl
    Oct 05, 2017 @ 11:05:14

It sounds as if you needed a change in your life and more time to yourself. I´m sure this is the right decision and you can do some lovely work as shown above and make some more pretty boutis designs.
    p.s. thank you for your comments on my blog.