Christmas Stockings

stocking top one

I’ve been having fun creating a gift for my daughter-in-law, Michelle.

full stocking

From tip to toe…it was fun designing something for Christmas.

stocking toe

With leaves and flower centers covered with needle felted wool roving mixed with angelina.

stocking top 3

And tiny beads in the center to add just another touch of sparkle.

stocking top 2

She loves sunflowers and while it’s not exactly traditional Christmas, this is what she asked me to make.

Full stocking 2

And after I finished hers, I made the other one she asked for…one for the dog.   All sparkly and shiny and it even has a squirrel…Birdy’s favorite playmate!!!

Birdy's stocking

That’s Birdy on the left with the little squirrel at the bottom.  I think Birdy’s going to love it almost as much as Michelle and Mike.  Don’t you think?   Now I’d better get this in the mail before they see this post!

1. Miss 376
    Nov 22, 2008 @ 03:41:38

I love the sunflowers, they are one of my favourites. Bring back happy childhood memories

2. jenclair
    Nov 22, 2008 @ 06:50:03

Beautiful stockings — lucky Michelle & Birdy!

3. karol
    Nov 22, 2008 @ 08:10:15

Great stockings!

4. Laurie
    Nov 24, 2008 @ 20:05:22

Oh my goodness…those stockings are beautiful!!! Laurie

5. Thomas
    Nov 24, 2008 @ 21:19:36

Interesting, the last one is very cute

6. Kim
    Nov 28, 2008 @ 01:12:31

Gosh, these stockings are adorable and so well done. Very nice work, lucky girls who are to receive them.

7. Karen
    Nov 30, 2008 @ 09:36:44

Love the stockings!

Thanks for visiting A Quilter’s Journey Back in Time. I was unable to answer your question, as you are set up as “no reply.” So, here is the answer to your question. The Dear Jane quilt has 169 blocks in the body of the quilt and the border has about 108 triangles. I have a long way to go! 🙂