It’s Been Too Long

ringaroundrosy998622-175Sorry to all my readers and followers and friends that I have not made a post for so long.   After spending long grueling hours at the office pouring over extremely complicated financial difficulties, I race to tutor an eleven year old fifth grade boy with his homework.    Finally, after social studies, reading and language arts, math problems, science and religion and essays, I drag myself home, exhausted, and crawl into bed.  Only to do the same thing again tomorrow.

I am NOT complaining.   I am assisting a young woman, who works nights.  Her husband works out of town and comes home only on the weekends because that is where he can find work in today’s awful economy.   Her son, the young 5th grader,  has an “attention deficit” disorder and needs special help.   I believe that what I am doing right now is making a big difference in all of their lives and I don’t mind the extra work.   Perhaps sometimes sheer exhaustion is good for my soul.

Thanks, Philip, for prodding me into a much delayed post.

So for now…..til next time……hopefully not so long….and maybe with some photos…….Averyclaire

1. Thomas
    Mar 14, 2009 @ 01:56:29

Avery : That’s a grueling schedule for the day. But I can understand your situation in today’s economic conditions. I m sure this phase will pass off soon (I guess it will take a year or so).

Take care of yourself.

2. Jane
    Mar 14, 2009 @ 03:48:39

You must make some time for yourself, you have to look after yourself to help others.

3. virtualquilter
    Mar 14, 2009 @ 05:26:03

Avery,
    Ditto what Jane said.
    Judy B

4. Philip
    Mar 14, 2009 @ 05:54:10

WOW! you sound like a busy Lady take care of yourself Now I feel bad for proding you into a post :))) it really sounds like you have a lot on your plate 😦 anyway thanks for the post

5. jenclair
    Mar 14, 2009 @ 06:56:54

I’m sure you find the tutoring rewarding, but do remember to take time for yourself!

6. anne prunet
    Mar 15, 2009 @ 02:58:52

That is just like you: always dedicated to other human beings. No doubt the Good Lord knows and we would not complain.
    Love, Nanouanne

7. Marjorie
    Mar 16, 2009 @ 11:02:31

Thanks for the post–I was getting a bit worried. Being busy can be a good thing, and it sounds satisifying, but balance is the key.