French Sampler

Full BicycletteHere is my second finish of the year…not saying much since it is already April. However, it was a fun project. The pattern is from french designer by the name of Isabelle Haccourt Vautier called “A Bicyclette.” I purchased the pattern from a little needlework shop in Colorado called Stitcher’s Garden. They have a section of their shop and webpage called “The French Quarter.” This section has this pattern and many other lovely French patterns. It is a really nice shop with fair prices and wonderful people! The sampler worked up quickly and was fun to do. It was done on 32 ct. Belgian Linen with Threadworx overdyed, slightly variegated thread, Woodlawn Green #1048. I have already prepared it for framing. It’s an odd size so I will probably have to mat and frame it myself…too expensive to have it done. Oh…and I really do love to ride my bicycle!

A Bicyclette

Bicyclette

I’m working now on cleaning up my art room so that I can actually walk into the room and get to my sewing machine. I have a LOVELY art room, but sadly this winter I’ve just piled things into the room and can’t work in it anymore! Hopefully, it will be done before too long.

1. Karol
    Apr 27, 2009 @ 21:46:25

What a pretty finish. Sending good thoughts for your craft room clean up.

2. Jane
    Apr 28, 2009 @ 00:58:54

makes a big difference if you can easily get to what you need. This is a lovely sampler, I am sure you will frame it beautifully

3. lucette
    Apr 28, 2009 @ 01:37:42

what a lovely sampler !!!!

thank you for you comment on my blog….. yours is beautiful !!!! i enjoyed the visit !!!!
    I m very happy to join the quilting bloggers !!!!

4. claire
    Apr 28, 2009 @ 02:35:07

merci pour ton commentaire sur mon blog , j’aime beaucoup cette broderie en monochrome , à bientot

5. Nicole DAVET
    Apr 28, 2009 @ 02:52:21

Magnifique! ! je ne peux rien dire d’autre que….Magnifique!!
    j’en ai le souffle coupé…et suis incapable d’écrire dans une autre langue que le Français

Nicole

6. Maria isabel
    Apr 28, 2009 @ 06:30:34

Iám very happy for your visit,your site is beautiful. comeback
    Greetings from Uruguay
    Sorry for my english is bad.

7. Marci
    Apr 28, 2009 @ 08:56:35

Thank you for stopping at my blog, I can see that you are very talented, just a little overwhelmed by work like me, i would like to have more time for my crafts….sigh! just keep doing your needlepoint It’s really beautiful!
    bye my new friend!!

8. Lea
    Apr 28, 2009 @ 15:57:12

Oh!!!! It’s very beautiful!!! This sampler is very fun to look…I love it! 🙂

9. colour du jour
    Apr 28, 2009 @ 23:56:41

I, too vote for the beauty of the sampler. I can see it must have been much fun to stitch with all of the little motifs!
    Enjoy spring.

sorry to hear of your trips downstairs for the john. LOL

10. Ilan
    May 02, 2009 @ 19:37:58

Very impressive work!

11. Christina J.
    May 19, 2009 @ 18:35:37

How pretty! It turned out very nice and is such a lovely design. I find myself being drawn more and more to French patterns.